If any sister has something they would like me to add to the blog, PLEASE email Jesse at billjesse17@gmail.com or send me a text until a permanent blogger has been decided.

Really this blog is only as good as the information I have to add to it. Sometimes I miss some of the announcments and need you to help me out if I don't remember to add them.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dry Pack Canning Conversion Table

To help you know how many cans to order if you are dry pack canning:

50 lbs wheat............................9 cans
10 lbs. cocoa............................1.5 cans
50 lbs. rolled oats..................20 cans
25 lbs. rolled oats..................10 cans
25 lbs. cornmeal...................5.5 cans
50 lbs. all-purpose flour.......12.5 cans
25 lbs. pinto beans................9.5 cans
6 lbs. gelatin.........................1 can
25 lbs white sugar................4 cans
50 lbs. powdered milk........12.5 cans
25 lbs. powdered milk.........6.25 cans
10 lbs. brown sugar.............2 cans
l lb. almonds.........................1 can
10 lbs. egg noodles..............6 cans
5 lbs. baking powder..........1 can
10 lbs. hashbrown potatoes....6 cans
10 lbs. baking soda.............1.5 cans
10 lbs. salt...........................1.25 cans
10 lbs. beef bouillon...........1.5 cans

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I want to know if you did can the brown sugar and how well it worked. I saw on the church's website that you can't dry pack/can brown sugar. (too much moisture) So I am a little confused at all of the info. lilbitoscrap@gmail.com