If any sister has something they would like me to add to the blog, PLEASE email Jesse at billjesse17@gmail.com or send me a text until a permanent blogger has been decided.

Really this blog is only as good as the information I have to add to it. Sometimes I miss some of the announcments and need you to help me out if I don't remember to add them.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Flour & Sugar & Oats, Oh, My!

Cans & Lids & Fun, Oh, My!



-Just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz - only the sisters of the Victor 3rd Ward weren't surrounded by lions and tigers and bears, just cans & lids, & flour & sugar &&&&&&&. And our adventure didn't start in Kansas. It started at the LDS Cannery in Idaho Falls where Amber, Jill , and Amber's kids picked up 500 cans, lids, and oxygen absorption packets.

From there, our yellow brick road led us to Chris Johnson's garage in Brookside where we set up tables and dry pack canners and went to work. From 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., with a break at noon for a delicious lunch, we canned and laughed and canned some more. Here's what our day looked like:

Bishop Kunz has given the ok to purchase a dry pack canner for our ward. If you would like to contribute toward the purchase price, you can do so by marking "other" on your donataion slip and writing in "ward dry pack canner."



Recipes from May and June Enrichment will be available on Sunday.

No comments: